Sunday 19 June 2011

Monday June 13

Back to work today! :) I was excited to see the kids again.  I got to the nursery/office and the babies swarmed me.  I was covered in babies! They'd missed me!  We got them cleaned, fed and put down for their nap.  I went down to the level 3 kids because they wanted to show me that they'd been working on their complex multiplication.  I love the way the kids work together.  When one is at the board it's like the Price is Right!  The kid at the board does what he can, and when he gets stuck he turns around and the others yell out the answers or the next step. 



School was held in the multipurpose area because the school building was flooded.  There was even a turtle swinning around in there.  After lunch I went back to Ms. Ester and talked about the new building.  Ms. Ester explained to me who Jesse Brooks was.  The orphanage is sponsered by the Jesse Brooks Foundation.  Ms. Tammy and Pastor Chris had a daughter Jesse who dreamed becoming a missionary and creating the home.  She was 11 when she died in a car accident.  Her parents took it upon themselves to make her dream come true.  They lost a child, but in that loss they've given a second chance to over 40 children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment