Sunday 19 June 2011

Friday June 17

This weekend I'm traveling to Ho Hoe (pronounced Ho Hway) with Rudy to go to a monkey sanctuary and to hike to see some waterfalls. 
Rudy came to pick me up at 9 and we got into one of the rickety vans, called a Trotro. (Side note, each trotro ride was 3+ hours long) We rode to Ho, switched vans and went to the sanctuary on a moterbike.  I'm secretly loving moterbikes, they're dangerous but so fun!
I HELD SO MANY MONKEYS! They are called Mona Monkeys.  They were worshiped by the local tribes and followed when they migrated.  I fed them bananas.  They climbed all over me and got me really dirty.  We took another trotro to Ho Hoe and a cab to the secluded falls.  We stayed in a guest house at the base of the mountain and decided to start hiking in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment